Addressing the Impact of Transport on the Economic, Environmental and Social Health of European Cities and Regions
09:00hrs, Wednesday 19th November 2014, Conference Centre, Scotland House, 6 Rond-Point Schumann, Brussels, Belgium
This Conference will present THE ISSUE’s Roadmap for developing new integrated Traffic, Health and Environmental solutions to address six key transport and urban mobility challenges facing cities and regions across Europe. It will illustrate the growing impact of new technologies, especially from the fields of Information and Communications Technologies (ICT) and Downstream Space Data Products and Services, in supporting smart, green integrated transport and urban mobility. It will also set out a regional triple-helix cluster approach to achieving greater alignment between policy making, research and service delivery.
This exciting conference will bring together a range of professionals and organizations including:
- Policy makers
- CEO’s in advanced technology companies
- Urban & transport planners
Speakers will present topics including:
- THE ISSUE’s Roadmap for new innovative and integrated research and technological development (RTD) solutions to address the impact of transport on the economic, social and environmental healthof cities and regions.
- The importance of exchanging knowledge, best practice and mutual learning within and between European regions.
- The benefits of adopting a regional triple-helix cluster approach to supporting smart, green integrated transport and urban mobility.
- The role of Intelligent Mobility in promoting sustainable economic growth.
There will be workshop sessions based around THE ISSUE’s key transport and urban mobility challenges to provide delegates with an opportunity to share knowledge, best practice and ideas for future collaborations.
The Conference will provide delegates with an opportunity to:
- Explore innovative new transport, health and environmental solutions to address the European Commission’s Urban Europe and Horizon 2020 Smart, Green, Integrated Transport agendas.
- Develop new collaborations, ideas and opportunities to help deliver socio-economic benefits of growth, jobs and quality of life to Europe’s cities and regions.
- Discuss the potential of ICT and Downstream Space Data Products and Services from Galileo and Copernicus for positive impact in transport, mobility and urban & regional economies;
This event will also provide the platform to launch THE ISSUE’s new European Triple-Helix Cluster Network –THE ISSUE Meta-Cluster which will comprise of regional triple-helix clusters collaborating around priority themes in Transport, Health and the Environment. A major focus will be given to engaging with SMEs, research institutions and public authorities through a regional cluster approach.
The conference is organised by THE ISSUE Project, which is a “Regions of Knowledge” initiative funded through the European Commission (GA Nr 287088). THE ISSUE’s Roadmap represents the culmination of three year’s work by a Consortium of partners from industry, academia and local government in regional triple-helix clusters across Europe.
To see the programme click here.
Date: 19th November 2014
Venue: Scotland House
Address: Rond-Point Schuman, Brussels, Belgium
How to get there: open the map
Ultimo aggiornamento 23 Settembre , 2014